Prior to knowing what hair loss treatments you ought to apply, it is best to know more about the nature of hair. Doing so will enable us to get to the root cause of the hair problem and treat it from there.
A strand of hair also has a life cycle of its own. It starts with the anagen phase, or the growth stage. A strand of hair achieves a 1-centimeter growth each month. An average person has 100,000 strands of hair on the head, 90 percent of which is undergoing different stages of the hair growth cycle while the remaining 10 percent is at a resting stage, or the telogen phase. The 10 percent of hair at the telogen phase will eventually be shed; shedding usually takes place after 2 to 3 months. New growth will then replace the strands that have fallen out.
The average person loses 50 to 100 strands of hair every day; this is the normal rate of hair loss. If you lose more than 100 hundred strands, then that would be considered excessive or abnormal hair loss, and that’s when worry might set in and you ought to start looking up hair loss treatments or consult a doctor. The medical term for hair loss is alopecia. Alopecia refers to apparent hair loss, or having visible patches of scalp.
The onset of hair loss is usually when a person reaches the age of 40. This is usually due to the hormonal changes that take place when a person reaches or gets past that age. In this case, more care and consideration are needed in choosing the appropriate hair regrowth treatments. However, hair loss may also be experienced by teenagers or even children, in which case, other factors are at play. Hair loss may also serve as a side effect to certain medications; it can also be caused by having a stressful lifestyle, lacking nutrition, or genetic makeup or heredity.
Although there are already a lot of hair loss treatments that are available, affordable, and easy to use, the best one for you will have to depend on the cause of your hair loss and the type of hair you have. Also, it is important that you consult a medical expert before deciding on a hair loss treatment.