Sexy luxurious locks paired with haute couture ensembles and sky high red-soled Loubuotin stiletto can make you a style icon overnight—just take it from the lovely Blake Lively.
Yes! Lively’s fashionista alter ego, Serena Van Der Woodsen, would surely agree that her real-life counterpart is a style icon. With Lively’s perfectly tousled blonde tresses, she can rock a siren-like or a goddess-like look in any event she wishes to grace.
So, if you want to attain gorgeous tresses à la Blake Lively, then follow these basic yet useful hair care guidelines. By learning and applying these tips in your daily regimen, you are sure to follow in Lively’s footsteps and become a fashionista icon who possesses healthy luxurious locks, which can be the envy of everyone.
Of Your Daily Hair Washing Regimen
- First and foremost, before washing your mane with warm water—not hot since it can damage your hair, causing it to become frizzy and difficult to manage—make sure to remove the knots or tangles using your fingers.
- Then, make sure to use a top quality shampoo that is formulated for your type of hair strands— dry, normal, or oily.
- After gently massaging your scalp, rinse it with cold water to make your hair shinier and to close the cuticle, avoiding the buildup of grime, dirt, and oil.
- To make hair smoother and softer, don’t forget to apply a top quality conditioner on your hair after every hair wash. Pay special attention to the ends, adding natural conditioner to help soften and smoothen the strands.
- Next, gently pat your hair dry using a soft clean towel to squeeze out excess moisture. Never twist and wrap your hair in a towel as this will cause it to become damaged and rough.
- Consider using a leave-in conditioner to make the strands look shinier. Apart from making the locks soft and manageable, applying a leave in conditioner helps protect your hair against the damaging effects of the ultra violet rays of the sun.
- Make every attempt to let the hair dry naturally, but if you plan to use a blow dryer, keep it on a low temperature setting to avoid overexposing your hair strands to the extreme heat which can cause dryness and breakage.